Microsoft has released a cross-platform plug-in for eclipse to enable easy connection with TFS. The plug-in can be downloaded from Team Explorer Everywhere for Team Foundation Server
I had personally encountered installation error when following the instruction to install the plug-in using the zip file from the site.
My recommendation would be to specify the location of the update site in the “Install New Software” dialog.
The below is the step for installing from Eclipse update site, however there is a missing step that result in an installing error. The text in red is required if you encountered an error in installing.
- Open Eclipse.
- On the Help menu, click Install New Software.
- The Install dialog box appears.
- Choose the Add button.
- The Add Site dialog box appears.
- For the name, enter “TFS plug-in for Eclipse”.
- Specify the location of the update site to be: http://dl.microsoft.com/eclipse/tfs
- Choose the OK button <Before clicking on the OK button, do UNCHECK ‘Contact all update sites during install to find required software”>
- In the list of features in the Install dialog box, select the check box that corresponds to the TFS plug-in for Eclipse.
- Choose the Next button two times.
- If you agree to the Microsoft Software License Terms, accept them and then choose the Next button.
- Restart Eclipse when prompted.